How did you all know the correct answer??? Lucky guessers I figure. Yes, most South Africans greet each other by saying "Howzit" and I read in a travel book that an appropriate response is "No, I'm fine," but you shouldn't just say "Fine."
I'm at NMMU now and because of the earlier glitch in our day, we are here way too early for class. But we walked to the bookstore to get some books for class. My apartment just bought two of each book and then we're going to shar them. Since we just have each class once a week, it shouldn't be a problem with the reading. My super nice class schedule is as follows.
Monday 8-12 volunteer at Pendla
2:45-5:45 South African Jazz Music
Tuesday 8-12 volunteer at Pendla
2-5 Senior Seminar (topic: South African politics)
Wednesday 9-12 Service learning (this is to go along with our volunteering and only has 5 classes in the semester
2-5 South African Literature (probably going to be my favorite)
Thursday OFF
Friday OFF
So yeah, that's a four-day weekend, every weekend. Perfect for taking small weekend trips. Which I actually am planning one with a friend right now to Coffee Bay nearby.
Looks like my group is about to leave the computer lab though to go get something for lunch before music class. In case anyone was wondering, I am wearing jean capris with a yellow shirt ;) And a jean jacket because it's cloudy and rainy today. I did get a 1st Day of School picture taken in front of the library and offered to take pictures of the other CSB/SJU students too. Only a few wanted one to send home to their moms.
You're probably getting close to waking up now! So have a good day everyone!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well done everyone for getting the greeting correct, although to make it truly S.African, its spelt "Howzit". Lauren, glad you are having such a good time, and thi blog is such a great way to keep in touch with everyone overseas!
ReplyDeleteCheers! (we say this to say goodbye, as well as to toast :))
good job on getting a first day of school picture!
ReplyDeleteSounds like quite the schedule...you will look back at that schedule someday and think "I had it made!" Earlier you talked about adopting one of the children. I'm quite sure that St Bens would have no problem with you adding that to your student loans! Glad to hear that all is going well and that you are sharing this with all of us. As a side note, we have had considerable rain for the past 24 hours...rain on top of our snow is making it quite a mess!
ReplyDeleteHey Lo! I finally made myself an account, so I can comment and read! It sounds like your are having an amazing time! I just had a meeting for my study abroad trip and I am so excited especially with seeing how much fun your are having! Have a great day!
ReplyDelete