Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but there hasn't been much going on! Seriously, just normal daily life in PE and homework! We didn't have school last Monday because it was a public holiday, I'm not sure what it was but there wasn't anything really going on for it. So no class and no volunteering left us with a whole day of paper writing! Got another 15 pager done and turned in so that felt good. This week I just had class and homework. We had a potluck on Wednesday to celebrate one of the guy's birthdays. We had a South African braii and it might have been the best pot luck to date. There is one more potluck scheduled and it will be to celebrate my birthday!
I went to underwater hockey on Tuesday and Thursday but I didn't actually play. I've decided that the game is too rough for me, I get more nervous about it than have fun. So I go, socialize and then just swim and do synchro in the open lane. It works out pretty well. We had a braii with some guys from the team on Friday.
We made a miraculous discovery this weekend too. There is a bowling alley really close to where we live and we never knew about it! So last night, about 20 of us went out and bowled a few games. It was just fun to do something like at home. Bowling alleys aren't very common here I guess so our scores we're pretty impressive compared to the other lanes. We were also obnoxiously louder than the other lanes!
I wish today could just be a lazy Sunday, but I am trying to get one shorter paper finished and get started on another 15 page paper due on Thursday! It kinda sucks that the end of my trip is filled with so many papers, but I need to remember that I am here for credit, so I need to do some work!
Hope everything is well at home and that the weather continues to get warmer! Happy May!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So what was the weirdest meat you have tasted and how was it?
ReplyDeleteway to buckle down with only a few weeks left :) love it.
ReplyDeleteoh yeah, I definitely think the weirdest meat is the shark! Because warthog isn't that distant from a pig, and kudu is like venison and ostrich is like chicken! Well shark could be like fish then, but still, that's what I thought the weirdest was. And the best tasting is kudu for sure!
ReplyDeleteComps opens on Thursday...we have a dinner date with Grandpa and Grandma. Anna was wondering if he will say "hold the grass". Marty got in 3 sections of dock yesterday so he could get the fishing boat lift in the water. Fishing opener is this weekend and he has some new tackle to try out!
ReplyDelete