So far, there is not much to report on this blog. But soon (in only 13 days), I'm sure I'll have a lot to post as my adventure starts in South Africa. Please follow along as my trip takes pinpoint turns, goes up, down and backward! You will not be disappointed!
Lauren, Yes, you're cool, but brave too! I'm not sure I would have had the courage when I was your age to undertake an adventure like this. Granted, I left home on an adventure too, but I don't think being a ski bum in the rockies is quite the same thing! We're looking forward to sharing your adventures vicariously.
Hey Lauren, I am so excited to have you come to SA! Gary and I have arranged a bunch of things for you guys to do... we are taking you to the bush where you can spot all the big 5, as well as skiing at our house at the dam... not long to go!!
Lauren - apparently everyone seems to think you are cool or something... I think you are are very lucky to be going on a trip like you are for the next 4 months is going to be a blast! I would have never in a million years ever considered going out of the country when I was your age and in school - I am extremely jealous. I hope your trip is fun-filled and educational. Take lots of pictures!
I would like all to know that my post, the first was written by Lauren herself, signed in on my name. I did not write that.:) But i am jelous that you get to go to sa.
I had our friend Loren come and talk to my 7th graders this week about climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro and being in Tanzania. I know that it isn't the same as South Africa but it made me want to go and feel really jealous of you!
Good luck Lo! This will truly be an experience of a lifetime. Make sure to eat lots of good foods and try at least one thing a week that you could not have imagined trying before (you won't be sorry). We'll all be thinking of you and wishing you well..and of course, following your adventures on this great blog. :)
Have a safe flight!! Just tried calling and your phone is disconnected :(...thank goodness for skype!! keep us up to date...i'm currently working on my homework in your old room! my fingers aren't quite as frozen down here as they are upstairs!
You are off! So I checked google to see how far away you will be. To Johannesburg it looks like you are 9179 miles away! Even further on your next stop. Miss you already, keep us posted on your travels today. mom
One more thing on distance. If you look on a globe, you could dig a hole almost straight through and get to Erin. You 2 are almost as far apart in the world as you can be.
wow lauren you are really cool!
ReplyDeleteI think you're cool Lo...no worries. :) Yay for another blog!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to read all about your adventure!
ReplyDeleteLauren,
ReplyDeleteYes, you're cool, but brave too! I'm not sure I would have had the courage when I was your age to undertake an adventure like this. Granted, I left home on an adventure too, but I don't think being a ski bum in the rockies is quite the same thing!
We're looking forward to sharing your adventures vicariously.
Best of luck,
Steve
Hey Lauren, I am so excited to have you come to SA! Gary and I have arranged a bunch of things for you guys to do... we are taking you to the bush where you can spot all the big 5, as well as skiing at our house at the dam... not long to go!!
ReplyDeleteLauren - apparently everyone seems to think you are cool or something... I think you are are very lucky to be going on a trip like you are for the next 4 months is going to be a blast! I would have never in a million years ever considered going out of the country when I was your age and in school - I am extremely jealous. I hope your trip is fun-filled and educational. Take lots of pictures!
ReplyDeleteI would like all to know that my post, the first was written by Lauren herself, signed in on my name. I did not write that.:) But i am jelous that you get to go to sa.
ReplyDeleteI had our friend Loren come and talk to my 7th graders this week about climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro and being in Tanzania. I know that it isn't the same as South Africa but it made me want to go and feel really jealous of you!
ReplyDeleteGood luck Lo! This will truly be an experience of a lifetime. Make sure to eat lots of good foods and try at least one thing a week that you could not have imagined trying before (you won't be sorry). We'll all be thinking of you and wishing you well..and of course, following your adventures on this great blog. :)
ReplyDeleteI miss you already! :( but you are going to have an amazing experience I can't wait to hear all about your crazy African adventures! love you! :)
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you're leaving tomorrow!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a safe flight!! Just tried calling and your phone is disconnected :(...thank goodness for skype!! keep us up to date...i'm currently working on my homework in your old room! my fingers aren't quite as frozen down here as they are upstairs!
ReplyDeleteLOVE YOU AND MISSING YOU ALREADY!!!
You are off! So I checked google to see how far away you will be. To Johannesburg it looks like you are 9179 miles away! Even further on your next stop. Miss you already, keep us posted on your travels today. mom
ReplyDeleteOne more thing on distance. If you look on a globe, you could dig a hole almost straight through and get to Erin. You 2 are almost as far apart in the world as you can be.
ReplyDelete